Archive of 4Flu versions
Back to download page.
Click on the name of any 4Flu version you want to download.
|Version||2017-09-07 (4.68 MB)|
What is new in version 2017-09-07?
- To obtain an initialization period of 20 years (the same length as that of the evaluation period), the simulation now starts in 1997.
- The simulation year now starts on 1 September (instead of 1 July). Although the setting of the previous version worked fine as long as the transmission was low or moderate, it did not perform satisfactorily for settings with higher transmission.
- As newer values literature are now available, the default parameter values for the age-dependent vaccination coverage, for the vaccine efficacy and for the factor for preferential re-vaccination have been changed.
- Vaccination-derived immunity is no longer assumed to be lost expontentially, but it is assumed to last (if the vaccination was successful at all) until the end of the simulation year, and to be completely lost thereafter.
- The above changes necessitated a new calibration of the simulation tool, yieling a new value for the infection probabilty per day per contact and also new values for the initial immunity level at the start of the initialization period.
|Version||2016-12-07 (4.68 MB)|
What is new in version 2016-12-07?
US demography added. Minor changes in the user interface. Update of publication list.
|Version||2016-11-15 (4.65 MB)|
What is new in version 2016-11-15?
The new major release of 4Flu comes with several new features:
- Its improved help function not only describes the meaning of the parameters which are displayed on the user interface, but it also explains in deatail each output graph.
- The TIV composition, recommended by WHO, is now fixed until 2016/17 (instead of only until 2015/16); for future years, TIV composition remains variable.
- The evaluation period now starts in 2017 (but this can still be changed by the user).
- Japanese demography and Japanese contact matrix have been added and can be selected using the drop-down menues.
- Note: Parameter files of the previous 4Flu version can still be used, but only after changing the header in their first line from "4Flu 3.0" to "4Flu 4.0", using an editor.
|Version||2016-04-21 (4.61 MB)|
What is new in version 2016-04-21?
Removed obsolete contact matrix "Germany NE".
|Version||2015-12-01 (4.62 MB)|
What is new in version 2015-12-01?
Since the publication of the technical description of 4Flu (Eichner et. al. BMC Inf. Dis. 2014, 14:365), the simulation tool has undergone several changes:
- Whereas the orignial tool only considered the demography of Germany, the user can now choose a demography among 30 different countries.
- Whereas the orignial tool only considered the Polymod contact matrix of Germany, the user can now choose among the Polymod matrices of all eight countries which participated in the Polymod study.
- The Polymod contact matrices have been extended from the original 5-year age groups to 1-year cohorts. The extended contact matrices have been smoothed in a way which completely preserved the total number of contacts in the original 5-year groups. This was necessary to avoid artefacts in the age-patterns of infections which were caused by the 5-year age groups.
- The composition of the trivalent influenza vaccine (TIV) has now been fixed until 2015.
- The size of the simulated population can now be determined by the user.
- The start of the initialization period and the start and duration of the evaluation period can now be determined by the user.