Download current version
What is new in version 2017-09-07_5?
- To obtain an initialization period of 20 years (the same length as that of the evaluation period), the simulation now starts in 1997.
- The simulation year now starts on 1 September (instead of 1 July). Although the setting of the previous version worked fine as long as the transmission was low or moderate, it did not perform satisfactorily for settings with higher transmission.
- As newer values literature are now available, the default parameter values for the age-dependent vaccination coverage, for the vaccine efficacy and for the factor for preferential re-vaccination have been changed.
- Vaccination-derived immunity is no longer assumed to be lost expontentially, but it is assumed to last (if the vaccination was successful at all) until the end of the simulation year, and to be completely lost thereafter.
- The above changes necessitated a new calibration of the simulation tool, yieling a new value for the infection probabilty per day per contact and also new values for the initial immunity level at the start of the initialization period.